Immigration at U of T
Pathways to joining our international community
The University of Toronto (U of T) values strong international collaborations with leading universities, research institutes, and industry partners around the world, in addition to providing enriching and meaningful international opportunities to students.
Planning is required when reaching out to host international colleagues, researchers, expert knowledge holders, students or visitors to your department, lab or office. Depending on the nature of your relationship, there are different immigration pathways to joining the University’s international community.
Here you will find information needed to issue the appropriate invitation to international collaborators, academics, and students. Remember that all international visitors to the University, even those who will not receive pay, must receive the right invitation.
More details can be found on the Citizenship & Immigration Canada website.
- Information on Entrance Eligibility to the United States June 30, 2017
- Statement on the U.S. Supreme Court ruling regarding travel restrictions to the U.S. June 26, 2017
- Immigration Alert: Changes to Application Process at ports of entry (POE) in the Southern Ontario Region May 3, 2017
- Update: Immigration Executive Order still halted despite Virginia ruling March 27, 2017
- Government of Canada Update: Entry / Exit Requirements regarding the Executive Order dated March 6, 2017 March 8, 2017